Besides many inventions on telephones, radios, receivers, switches, Stromberg- Carlson became a leader in the production of sound equipment for paging, intercommunication for the use in businesses, schools, and transportation centers. The company was formed in the year 1894 in the partnership of Alfred Stromberg and Androv Carlson. The company was originally located in Chicago, with Carlson managing manufacturing side and Stromberg took the responsibility for marketing side. They quickly recognized a reputation for trustworthy equipment and stable prices. In the year 1943, Stromberg- Carlson telephone manufacturing company had been renamed to Stromberg-Carlson Company. This is how the company had reached its high and stable position across worldwide in the field of telecommunication and electronic manufacturing services.